Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I "Cooked" Tonight.

I cooked tonight. I went grocery shopping today and came back with pizza pops, freezer pizza, Mr. Noodles soup, and washer fluid (for my car). I hate cooking, and I hate having to make my own food. It's especially difficult since I own an electric kettle, a microwave, and a mini-fridge.

My first meal: Mr. Noodles. (The noodles weren't fully cooked).

I think I'll get take out/eat at work/go home for food/avoid cooking unless I'm drunk. It's times like this that I'm glad Whiskey Dix is right around the corner. The hot dog lady is there 3x/week.

Thank goodness, and that's that.

1 comment:

  1. I live in the Exchange District as well with an "appliance-less" kitchen. Grab yourself a 2-burner hotplate and decent-sized toaster oven and you can pretty much cook anything imaginable.

    People may question our sanity for choosing to live in an area where parking is a challenge, vandalism and panhandling are rampant and the sounds of the city blast through your living room like a train, but it's totally worth it.

    Enjoy your non-traditional living space - if you ever get tired of it and long for a balcony or backyard with white picket fence, you can always move into a house or apartment later on. For now though, embrace all of the good and bad that comes with the area.

    How many of your friends in houses and apartments have a selection of coffee shops and/or bakeries right outside their door? Or free transit service throughout downtown and to the Forks? Or free weekend concerts in a park 300 feet away? We're pretty fortunate.

    Keep track of how many people say to you, "I've always wanted to live in a warehouse." Everyone thinks about it, but very few people are willing to step outside of their comfort zone and try something truly unique. You're actually doing it, and for that, you should be applauded.

    Enjoy your new neighbourhood!

    ReplyDelete