Friday, July 24, 2009

Moving.

Moving to the Exchange District from River Heights was not the easiest feat. In my eyes, RH is probably one of the best areas of Winnipeg to live; Corydon, Polo Park, and the Osborne Village are all about a five minute drive from my house.

Since I've moved, everything has become A LOT further away. The traffic on Portage Avenue is always slow and shitty, which means I have to leave for work a half-hour before my shift (compared to 10 minutes); and all my (conveniently car-less) friends are now a 15 minute drive away.

Between driving to work, my mom's house, and various friends' apartments. I feel like more of my time is spent away from my apartment; leaving me little time to get adjusted and enjoy the area. I'm definitely starting to feel quite isolated from everyone and everything.

Adjustment takes time, and I hope that soon enough, I'll get a job in the Exchange, and my friends will smarten up and visit me more often. I love my car, but with living downtown, I hate using it. A good parking spot is hard to find, and when I get one, I just want to keep it to myself.

I can get used to walking everywhere, but I'm off taking the bus for the rest of my life - I'd rather drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment