Sunday, August 2, 2009

What The Exchange Needs?

I was out for a walk this afternoon, and stopped by Unfold to say hi to Mike on my way back upstairs. Mike wasn't in and, according to Davey, was never coming back. Then Davey asked me what I would really like the space to be if there wasn't a clothing store. I said some kind of late-night cafe because there aren't any in The Exchange, nor is there a 24-hour McDonald's within walking distance (which was my second choice by the way). What I'd really love to see downtown in mini-supermarkets, like Safeway or Sobey's. They've got them everywhere in Europe, so why not here?

While I don't cook in my place, as a) I don't have a stove and b) I wouldn't cook if I had a stove, I need food, and at night my choices are pretty much limited to the hot dog stand outside of Whiskey Dix. While comical, I can't eat hot dogs during the four nights a week that Dix is open.

Kim, one of the girls who works at Unfold, said that someone was looking at the space that was once occupied with Commonwealth Blend, and was planning on making it a wine bar. I like that idea. The Exchange has got plenty of cafes, but lacks everything else. The only nice restaurant to eat at is Oui, and there is nowhere to go for drinks.

Anyways, I need food and I need it fast. I've been eating pretzels, candy, and peanut butter M&Ms that have been sitting on my table since Thursday night. I'm tired of going home every day for food, and I never want to set foot in Giant Tiger again. Someone please think of something soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment