Friday, August 7, 2009

I Thought I Was Going To Die Tonight...

I'll keep this short and sweet:

I had my first legit scare since moving downtown. I came home from work around 11pm and parked my car on McDermot, right outside the Mayberry art store. As I was crossing the street to get to my apartment, 4 area youth were walking down the street. Two guys and two girls. The two guys started calling out to me and trying to talk to me, which was really awkward, so I walked down the sidewalk, with them giving them one word answers as I was getting my keys ready to get into my place. I guess the real moment of truth came to me, when I got to my door. I kept on thinking, what next? are they going to leave me alone? or are they going to follow me up to my apartment? what would I do?

They kept on walking as soon as I got to the front door, but still... Who knows what would have happened I guess? That's pretty much the reason that I never go outside my building after dark, except to get to my car. The Exchange brings in some pretty shady night characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment