Monday, October 12, 2009

DIM MAK

Working for DIM MAK RECORDS would be my ultimate dream job. The label was founded by Steve Aoki in 1996, and is based out of Los Angeles. Some of the artists/DJs under the label include: Armand Van Helden, AutoErotique, Diplo, Felix Cartal, Laidback Luke, MSTRKRFT, Pase Rock, Steve Aoki, and The Bloody Beetroots, and the late DJ AM.

In addition to the record label, DIM MAK's  got their own collection, and DIM MAK TV . The website's packed-full of great music videos, event posters, blogs, tour dates, and whatever else.

This is one of the newer vids that's been released... The Bloody Beetroots are so hardcore, but they're frickin' awesome. I saw them in LA last year at Hard Fest, and they just blew me away. I missed them when they were in Winnipeg in April (due to an IPP panel meeting at 8:15am the next day). To this day, I still regret not going to their show.


What would I want to do with DIM MAK? Besides the obvious communications-related-type work, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. It's DIM MAK, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment